Wondering what you can expect at your appointment? We want you to feel 100% comfortable.
In everything we do, ACPC strives to offer professional and confidential services at no cost to clients.
When you walk through the doors of ACPC Women’s Clinic, you’ll find a welcoming team of caring individuals who are here to help you without judgment or guilt. Our main concern is helping you with the challenges you face today and the ones that lay ahead.
Abortion has the potential for serious side effects.
You owe it to yourself to learn all of the risks before making a decision. This includes physical, metal and emotional risks. Because we have served Pueblo women facing abortion decisions for over 3o years, the staff at ACPC are uniquely equipped to understand these tough issues.
Abortion ends the life of a pre-born baby whose heart is already beating (the heart begins to beat at 3 weeks post conception).
For some women, that may not be a concern, but others may view that as vitally important information that they have the right to know.
Once completed, an abortion cannot be reversed.
Women should gather information before making an abortion decision because the decision is permanent. If a woman discovers new information later that causes her to wish she had not chosen abortion, it’s too late. We hope to help all of our patients make a confident, well-informed decision.
For most people, regardless of the political label they may wear, abortion is a very troubling concept. An abortion decision is most often viewed as a very serious matter that should be given an incredibly careful thought process, seeking all the information, support, and options that could be available.
The Advocates and Medical Staff at ACPC Women’s Clinic do not view this process flippantly. At ACPC Women’s Clinic, no one will judge you or seek to coerce you in your decision. Rather, we are honored to walk with you, providing accurate information and a safe place for you to process your thoughts and emotions.
ACPC Women’s Clinic does not profit financially from your pregnancy decision. Relying on an abortion clinic to provide all of the information is risky. In this case you are relying on someone who will lose money if you choose to carry your baby to term. Please note that an organization that is financially vested in your pregnancy decision may not be the best place to get information.
Get the facts about abortion procedures (including a second trimester D&E (Dilation and Extraction) Abortion, Aspiration, Abortion Pills and Induction) from a physician who formerly performed abortions at http://www.abortionprocedures.com
At your appointment you will:
Meet with your Clinic Advocate who will:
• Get some basic information from you
• Review options regarding your pregnancy
• Review resources for your specific situation
Meet with the Nurse Manager who will:
• Answer your medical questions
• Perform the pregnancy test and, if positive, an ultrasound exam if medically indicated to confirm pregnancy and determine how far along you are
• Provide STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection) testing information
Please Note: ACPC Women’s Clinic encourages the support of friends an family during your appointment. However, in an effort to comply with HIPPA Privacy Standards and provide the highest quality of care, your initial appointment must be performed without any guests. However, at your request, guests are welcome to join you during your Ultrasound Exam. ACPC Women’s Clinic staff is unable to provide services to patients who choose not to abide by this policy. Thank you for your understanding.
You deserve the utmost respect. That’s why we created our Bill of Rights for Women Facing Unintended Pregnancies. Continue reading to discover what we value.
We believe you have the right to:
1. Receive services in a non-judgmental, caring environment committed to maintaining confidentiality of patient records except where required by law.
2. Receive professional services from organizations committed to integrity, free from manipulation or coercion.
3. Receive services in a confidential environment that supports her right to make her own decisions regarding her pregnancy.
4. Be respected enough to make a decision that is right for her by receiving a non-biased presentation of all her pregnancy-related options.
5. Receive comprehensive information about her current medical status, including information about the nature and physiology of her current pregnancy.
6. Access objective information about all of her legal options related to pregnancy and pregnancy termination.
7. Receive services from an organization that has written documentation of all services and information provided, to ensure that every patient receives the same objective in formation delivered with the same standard of excellence.
8. Receive services from an organization that uses written verification process that services have been provided according to written protocol on a per-patient basis.
9. Fully understand how an organization stands to financially profit from any particular pregnancy decision a woman may choose to make at that organization.
10. Receive standardized medical services by organizations held accountable to follow protocols designed to ensure that all services and information are delivered ethically and objectively.
11. Assurance of high quality medical follow up care provided by or arranged by the physician responsible for the initial delivery of services.
12. Access to ongoing, long-term community support should she choose to carry the pregnancy to full-term.
Still have questions? Give us a call at (719)544-9312. After hours call 1.800.712.HELP or CHAT NOW